The epico website complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ePrivacy Regulation (ePR).
epico are Data Controllers for the data that we collect online, for job applications, for our operators, for prospecs and for other data that epico directly collect or are given. In terms of our relationships with our clients, epico is often Data Processor due to the manner of work we carry out, while our clients will be Data Controller of their own customer data.
Use made of personal information
Personal information provided to epico via the epico website, emails and telephone calls will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration.
In addition, personal information may be used for statistical analysis.
What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information or services. Alternatively, we may gather information such as your IP address information when you browse our website (please see the section on Cookies) or your online information through LinkedIn or similar sites if we believe your epico may benefit from our services.
We may gather the following information about you:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- IP Address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
You may also choose to provide additional voluntary information in the course of your use of this website.
How do we use this information?
Personal data will be collected and processed by epico for the following purposes:
- For services requested, e.g. to provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to specific queries you may raise regarding epico
- Administration, e.g. to provide you with better ways of accessing information from this website, or to process and consider a job application
- Marketing, advertising and promotions.
- Processing personal data for the above purposes may entail sharing the information with employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors of epico. However, written agreements exist between epico and such parties that there must be no disclosure of such personal data.
- We will ensure that any third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential. We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
- Information is only held for as long as it is needed. Once it is no longer needed it is securely destroyed.
Where do we send your information?
epico operate globally and therefore, when necessary, may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the country in which you accessed the website/ made your enquiry. We will, where necessary, put in place safeguards to ensure your information is protected. Any actions we take within Europe, we ensure are compliant under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your information for a reasonable period, such as for the duration of the active contract between yourself and epico. If you have signed up to the epico newsletter then your data will be retained for up to 5 years. However if you wish to unsubscribe at any point in time, then your data will be removed from our records.
Registering for epico communications
This website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
When completing an epico application form for a newsletter or any other means of data capture of the website, epico will enter the email address and other information onto the epico database to receive relevant epico communications and marketing information via email.
Use of data for direct marketing purposes
If you are contacted via Direct Marketing, this will occur only with your permission or express consent. If you are contacted through the usage of third party data, your permission to be reached by third parties such as epico when submitting your details is taken as consent.
If at any time users want to alter their preferences or would like epico to stop sending such communications they should click on the email unsubscribe link or email [email protected]
Processing and profiling your personal data
epico may be required to process your personal data in order to verify your details are correct, ensure Unsubscribes are suppressed from campaigns, keep records of historical campaigns, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. We work with specific CRM systems that manage aspects of our CRM activity. These systems may need to process data that sits within them in order to keep activity and campaigns up-to-date.
When you use the epico website, you may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and other information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons visiting the website.
Links to third-party websites
epico is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites, even if they are a client of epico. epico advises users to read the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data.
epico holds your personal data in accordance with the security provisions of the UK data protection legislation and the GDPR.
If you have any questions about security please contact epico on [email protected]
Notification of changes
The right to be informed:
The right of access:
- You have the right to request copies of information that we hold about you at any and we will not charge for these requests unless they are unfounded or excessive. These requests will be processed within 1 month.
The right to erasure:
- You can contact us to remove any of your data.
The right to restrict how we use your data:
- You have the right to object to any using your data or restrict how we use it. This can apply to use of your data from a legitimate interest.
The right to data portability:
- You have the right to request for your information to be moved or copied.
If, at any time, a user wants to contact us around any of rights listed above, they may email [email protected]
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data should be completed within 1 month.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint is handled in relation to your data, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.