That time of year has rolled around again and yes it's going to be a little different this year
But one thing remains the same – you have a cycling mad loved one in your life and you need some gift ideas.
Fear not! Buying gifts for cyclists need not be a panic-stricken affair, we can help guide you. And if you are a cyclist looking for inspiration, then take a look at what’s to come and share your wishes with Santa.
Here are some recommendations for both the keen newbie and the seasoned pro.
On the bike gifts
A short sleeve jersey is always a dead cert and at the core of any cyclists collection. Hand made by cyclists, for cyclists makes them even better. Check out these two handmade brands that we love:
- Lusso Momentum S/S Jersey, handmade in Manchester, Momentum jersey £69.99
- Brandt Sorensen Air Jersey, atelier made jersey from downtown Los Angeles $230 (full custom service available) – £171.99 approx.
Cycling shoes are one of the biggest performance hikes you can get on the bike. Pedalling efficiency and comfort is given a real boost by changing to a specific shoe and cleat system. They can also be a real fashion statement. Here are two of the hottest pairs of shoes right now:
- Adidas THE ROAD CYCLING SHOES, crashing back into the cycling shoe marketplace with their iconic three-stripe, £130
- Rapha Pro Team Shoe, a top of the range pro team shoe has both the looks and the performance £260
To finish the look it has to be a pair of glasses. Form and function are available at both price points:
- BBB Cycling Commander, these glasses come with all the looks, adjustable arms, and three lenses £69
- 100 Percent Peter Sagan Limited Edition Sports Sunglasses, these are hot with looks to die for and tech to match, worn by Peter Sagan, need we say more $220 – £163.99 approx.
Cycling training gifts
Want to give a gift that keeps on giving? Then how about something to help with the training:
- Zwift Online Cycle Training, monthly subscription $14.99 – £11.99 approx. Zwift is the worlds most popular online cycle training platform. With both real-world and imaginary training locations, hundreds of workout combinations, real-world bike kit, in-app unlocks, and customizable avatar setups its got it all.
- Stages Cycling Indoor Equipment, price approximately €2,999 – $2,705 approx. Does your cycle mad giftee desire next level training? Then the soon to be released Stages indoor bike is pro-level equipment.
Cycling homeware gifts
Looking for something small? Check out these epic gift ideas, perfect for anyone:
- Park Tool Pizza Cutter, a stocking filler staple and a must-have for any cycling nuts kitchen drawer, £20.00
- The Handmade Cyclist Espresso Cups, coffee and cycling go hand in hand like espresso cup and saucer, these custom items are simply wonderful £19.50
- Campagnolo BIG The Corkscrew, now there’s nothing better than winding down with a nice glass of red post-ride. What better solution to release that bouquet than a corkscrew engineered by Italian masters Campagnolo, £179.00
So what will it be? Go and have yourselves a Merry Christmas, and treat the cyclists in your life with one of these little surprises!
Sand Dunes and Mirages
Riding The UAE Tour and Discovering DubaiMORE
Calling The French Alps Home
Pro Rider, Maëlle Grossetête, gives us an insight to life in the AlpsMORE
Rolling Landscapes and Dusty Roads
UK Women's Pro Rider, Lizzy Banks, takes us through the twists and turns of Strade Bianche race dayMORE
‘Hey Mom, Can I Have a Tattoo?’MORE
Girona’s Best of Everything
An insider scoopMORE
How To Choose Your Next Cycling Journey
Find your own Epico adventureMORE
Christmas Cyclist Gift Guide
Find The Perfect GiftMORE
Winter Cycling in the UK
A Guide For Getting The Most From ItMORE