That time of year has rolled around again and yes it's going to be a little different this year
But one thing remains the same – you have a cycling mad loved one in your life and you need some gift ideas.
Fear not! Buying gifts for cyclists need not be a panic-stricken affair, we can help guide you. And if you are a cyclist looking for inspiration, then take a look at what’s to come and share your wishes with Santa.
Here are some recommendations for both the keen newbie and the seasoned pro.
On the bike gifts
A short sleeve jersey is always a dead cert and at the core of any cyclists collection. Hand made by cyclists, for cyclists makes them even better. Check out these two handmade brands that we love:
- Lusso Momentum S/S Jersey, handmade in Manchester, Momentum jersey £69.99
- Brandt Sorensen Air Jersey, atelier made jersey from downtown Los Angeles $230 (full custom service available) – £171.99 approx.
Cycling shoes are one of the biggest performance hikes you can get on the bike. Pedalling efficiency and comfort is given a real boost by changing to a specific shoe and cleat system. They can also be a real fashion statement. Here are two of the hottest pairs of shoes right now:
- Adidas THE ROAD CYCLING SHOES, crashing back into the cycling shoe marketplace with their iconic three-stripe, £130
- Rapha Pro Team Shoe, a top of the range pro team shoe has both the looks and the performance £260
To finish the look it has to be a pair of glasses. Form and function are available at both price points:
- BBB Cycling Commander, these glasses come with all the looks, adjustable arms, and three lenses £69
- 100 Percent Peter Sagan Limited Edition Sports Sunglasses, these are hot with looks to die for and tech to match, worn by Peter Sagan, need we say more $220 – £163.99 approx.
Cycling training gifts
Want to give a gift that keeps on giving? Then how about something to help with the training:
- Zwift Online Cycle Training, monthly subscription $14.99 – £11.99 approx. Zwift is the worlds most popular online cycle training platform. With both real-world and imaginary training locations, hundreds of workout combinations, real-world bike kit, in-app unlocks, and customizable avatar setups its got it all.
- Stages Cycling Indoor Equipment, price approximately €2,999 – $2,705 approx. Does your cycle mad giftee desire next level training? Then the soon to be released Stages indoor bike is pro-level equipment.
Cycling homeware gifts
Looking for something small? Check out these epic gift ideas, perfect for anyone:
- Park Tool Pizza Cutter, a stocking filler staple and a must-have for any cycling nuts kitchen drawer, £20.00
- The Handmade Cyclist Espresso Cups, coffee and cycling go hand in hand like espresso cup and saucer, these custom items are simply wonderful £19.50
- Campagnolo BIG The Corkscrew, now there’s nothing better than winding down with a nice glass of red post-ride. What better solution to release that bouquet than a corkscrew engineered by Italian masters Campagnolo, £179.00
So what will it be? Go and have yourselves a Merry Christmas, and treat the cyclists in your life with one of these little surprises!